Saturday, January 3, 2009
Happy New Year!
I hope you all had a very Happy New Year! My apologies if you are one of the dedicated readers of my blog, but I've been a little quiet since Christmas. After the trip to Belleayre, I came down with the flu and was pretty much out of commission for a few days. And then I had to prepare for my flight back to the bay area, where I am now, and so finding the time to blog has been difficult. But I'm back...still feeling about 80%, but hopefully with some rest and just being back home will help bring me back to 100%, at least until I get back to NYC. Ah...NYC...the whole move is still surreal to me and to be quite honest, I'm not sure when it will feel like I am actually a New Yorker. I doubt that I will ever get to that point. My home and my heart will always be in San Francisco. I mean, how could it not be. After all, I am my father's daughter. The father who purposely bought a burgandy and gold car after his favorite football team and then purchased vanity plates that say "49ER SF" to seal the deal. So yeah...as much as I wanted the change and chose to move across the country for it, there is never a day that goes by where I don't think about the beauty of this city I call home. I am very lucky that my home is S.F. and I know that one day it will be my home again, but in a few weeks, when I return to New York, that will be my home and I'm sure once I decide to move back to the bay area, I will leave New York with the same feeling of bitter sweetness. I felt that way when I left Los Angeles after 3 years. I remember initially how much I hated it and missed everyone back home. I wanted to come back here so badly, and then before I knew it, 3 years and a whole other life had passed and I find myself even now, thinking about moving back to LA some day. So as I look ahead, I am preparing myself for some tough days, because I know that I will have them, but I also have to keep my eyes and most importantly my heart open to every new encounter and experience that I am sure to find in New York City. But isn't that the best way to experience life anyways...with openness? I'm not sure if that is a resolution, but I do resolve to be more open to things and I hope that by doing so, what I am searching for in life, whatever that may be, will be revealed to me if I am open to it. So whatever it is you are searching for in life, may you too find it with an open heart. By doing so, may you experience the abundance and joy of life. Happy New Year my dear friends and may 2009 not only bring you peace but tremendous joy as well. Thank you for reading and for your continued support. I hope to bring you many more wonderful tales of "Sev-in-the-City" in the coming months and years. Until then, be well and godspeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy New Year Big City Girl. Hope you are feeling better. Love, Geri
Post a Comment