Sunday, February 22, 2009

Roomies Night Out

Our roommate Keela is leaving us this Friday so the 3 of us decided to send her off last night with a fun night out. We started the evening off in the lower east side with dinner at "The Smith". The restaurant offered a mix of amazing foods, from a Korean Bimbap dish to French mussels, to Italian scampi and gnocchi to a traditional German snitzel. Everything looked and sounded amazing and I was torn between the mussels and the braised short ribs in red wine sauce but utlimately decided on the short ribs. The ribs were delicious, but nothing could top the baked chips drizzled in bleu cheese fondue. Whoa!!! I even had to take a picture...more to show my BFF Kenny...who loves potatoes and bleu cheese and am hoping that this picture will entice him to come out to NY for a visit. We will definitely be going there when he comes so that he can experience this mouth watering treat for himself. Anyways, after "The Smith" the four of us went across the street to a bar called "The Pour House"...we had a few drinks there, and then went to another bar called the B-Bar, where I sort of got a little too tipsy and had to sit down to compose myself. Now that I don't have to drive it's a lot easier to drink without worrying if I've had too much, but even if my mind isn't thinking about it, my body is. Last night after only 2 bottles of hard apple cider and a couple sips of red wine my body gave me a slight nudge, which almost made me fall...thankfully a seat was within reach and I made myself comfortable there with a glass of water before heading out again to a few more bars. After all, I am in the city that never sleeps, so off we went...next stop...Swift! Swift was awesome, that was where we were introduced to a plastic lizard named "Steve", where a bouncer sent food to our table simply because Keela's gorgeous friend Ashlee smiled at him and where the door man only asked me (the oldest person in the group) to show him my i.d. You gotta love that! By the time we got to Swift, it was already about 1:30 am, and yet people still kept coming in. I had commented to my roommates that at 1:30 am in S.F. the bars are already starting to wind down, but nope, not in this city. In fact, my roomates return comment was that we weren't even done, so after Swift off we went to yet another crowded bar. I can't even remember the name of this last one except to say that it was in Soho. It is amazing to me how many people were out last night given the cold weather and some people (ladies of course) dressed as though it wasn't even winter. I can't even imagine what this coming Spring, Summer and Fall will be like and more importantly, what these woman will be wearing, if anything at all. Oh dear! All I know is that by this Spring, I hope that my tolerance for alcohol will have increased because if this winter was any indication, there is going to be a lot more alcohol in my future. ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You really lookk like a New Yorker. It's amazing how well the fit is. I know I am not a "missing you from home" person, but I am missing you from the road.
Keep posting. Love to see you in action!
xoxoxo
TracyEve
xoxoxo